Last updated: 13 July 2020
Who we are
Our website address is: https://substainabilityeducationacademy.com. This website is owned and operated by 8020Green Pty Ltd, Southern Partners, 35/1150 Nepean Highway, Mornington, Vic., 3931, Australia, www.8020green.com.
How Data is collected on this site
Data is collected on this site through:
- Forms, such as signup, registration or comment forms
- Site logs
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Third party cookies may also be deployed on this website for use by plugins that provide a range of services and site functions as outlined below. The lifetime of these cookies will be determined by the third party sites. Links below are provided to the websites of plugin providers and to the privacy policies of service provides facilitated by
those plugins which access third party services.
Other technologies which may be used on this site through its plugins may use include clear GIF’s and IP address logging. Clear GIF’s also known as web bugs, beacons, or tags, are small graphic images placed on a
web page, web-based document, or in an e-mail message. Clear GIF’s are invisible to the user because they are typically very small (only 1-by-1 pixel) and the same color as the background of the web page, document
or e-mail message.
We do not use clear GIF’s to collect personal information about you. However, we may use clear GIF’s to capture statistical usage information for our web pages, features, or other elements on a web page. We may correlate this information to a user to personalize user experience and for statistical analysis of user experiences on our web pages.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Analytics, third party plugins, and data which may be collected by third party sites.
The website is built using wordpress, and uses several third party plugins. As defined here, https://www.wpbeginner.com/glossary/plugin/, a plugin is “a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website.”
Plugins used on this site include:
- Akismet Anti-Spam by Akismet: https://akismet.com. “Used by millions, Akismet is quite possibly the best way in the world to protect your blog from spam. Your site is fully configured and being protected, even while you sleep.”
- ARVE Advanced Responsive Video Embedder by NextGenThemes: https://nextgenthemes.com/plugins/arve-pro/ “Easy responsive video embeds via URL (like WordPress) or Shortcodes. Supports almost anything you can imagine.”
- Autoptimize by Frank Goossens (futtta): https://wordpress.org/plugins/autoptimize/ “Autoptimize makes optimizing your site really easy.”
- Check Email by Chris Taylor: https://www.stillbreathing.co.uk/wordpress/check-email “Check email
allows you to test if your WordPress installation is sending emails correctly.”
- Contact Form 7 by Takayuki Miyoshi: https://contactform7.com/ “Just another contact form plugin. Simple but flexible.”
- Easy Digital Downloads developed plug ins, by Easy Digital Downloads: https://easydigitaldownloads.com/:
- Easy Digital Downloads “The easiest way to sell digital products with WordPress”
- Easy Digital Downloads – Featured Downloads “Provides a intuitive interface and functionality for managing featured downloads”
- Easy Digital Downloads – Reviews “A fully featured reviewing system for Easy Digital Downloads.”
- Easy Digital Downloads – CSV Manager by Daniel J Griffiths and Pippin Williamson: https://docs.easydigitaldownloads.com/category/1337-importexport “Allows store owners to import products from or export products to a CSV file”
- Easy Digital Downloads – Mail Chimp by Pippin Williamson: https://easydigitaldownloads.com/downloads/mail-chimp/ “Include a Mail Chimp signup option with your Easy Digital Downloads checkout”
- Easy Digital Downloads – Sale Price by Jeroen Sormani: https://wordpress.org/plugins/edd-sale-price/ “Put your downloads in the spotlight by giving them a sale price!”
- Easy Video Player by Naa986: https://noorsplugin.com/wordpress-video-plugin/ “Easily embed videos into your WordPress blog
- EasyAzon – Amazon Associates Affiliate Plugin by BoostWP: http://boostwp.com/products/easyazon-pro/ “Quickly and easily insert Amazon affiliate links into your site’s content.”
- Error Log Monitor by Janis Elsts: https://w-shadow.com/blog/2012/07/25/error-log-monitor-plugin/ “Adds a
Dashboard widget that displays the last X lines from your PHP error log, and can also send you email notifications about newly logged errors.”
- Export User data by Q Studio: https://qstudio.us/ “Export User data, metadata and BuddyPress X-Profile data.”
- Flamingo by Takauki Miyoshi: https://wordpress.org/plugins/flamingo/ “A trustworthy message storage plugin for Contact Form 7.”
- Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights: https://www.monsterinsights.com/ “The best Google
Analytics plugin for WordPress. See how visitors find and use your website, so you can keep them coming back.”
- Instructor Role by WisdmLabs: https://wisdmlabs.com/ “This extension adds a user role ‘Instructor’ into your WordPress website and provides capabilities to create courses content and track student progress in
your LearnDash LMS.”
- Kint Debugger by Automattic: https://strongplugins.com/news/kint-debugger-1-1/ “Dump variables and traces in an organized and interactive display. Works with Debug Bar.”
- LearnDash developed plug ins by LearnDash: https://www.learndash.com/
- LearnDash Course “LearnDash Course Grid”
- LearnDash EDD Integration Plugin “LearnDash integration plugin for EDD”
- LearnDash LMS “LearnDash LMS Plugin – Turn your WordPress site into a learning management system”
- Login Widget With Shortcode by aviplugins: https://wordpress.org/plugins/login-sidebar-widget/ “This is
a simple login form in the widget.”
- MailChimp for WordPress by ibericode: https://mc4wp.com/ “MailChimp for WordPress by ibericode. Adds various highly effective sign-up methods to your site.”
- Nav Menu Roles by Kathy Darling: https://www.kathyisawesome.com/nav-menu-roles/ “Hide custom menu items based on user roles.”
- Pods – Custom Content Types and Fields by Pods Framework Team: https://cleanenergyacadamy.com/wp-admin/plugins.php?plugin_status=active “Pods is a framework for creating, managing, and deploying customized content types and fields”
- Post Status Notifier Lite by Timo Reith: https://www.ifeelweb.de/wp-plugins/post-status-notifier/ “Lets you
create individual notification rules to be informed about all post status transitions of your blog. Features custom email texts with many placeholders and custom post types.”
- Postman SMTP by Jason Hendriks: https://wordpress.org/plugins/postman-smtp/ “Postman is the first and
only WordPress SMTP plugin to implement OAuth 2.0 for Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo Mail.”
- Recently Registered by Mike Epstein: https://halfelf.org/plugins/recently-registered/ “Add a sortable column to the users list to show registration date.”
- Relevanssi by Mikko Saari: https://www.relevanssi.com/ “This plugin replaces WordPress search with a relevance-sorting search.”
- Table Press by Tobias Bathge: https://tablepress.org/ “Embed beautiful and feature-rich tables into your posts and pages, without having to write code.”
- Wordfence Security by Wordfence: https://www.wordfence.com/ “Wordfence Security – Anti-virus, Firewall and Malware Scan”
- WP Edit by Josh Lobe: https://wpeditpro.com/ “Ultimate WordPress Content Editing”
- WP Hide Dashboard by Kim Parsell: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-hide-dashboard/ “A simple
plugin that removes the Dashboard menu, the Personal Options section and the Help link on the Profile page, hides the Dashboard links in the toolbar menu (if activated), and prevents Dashboard access to users
assigned to the Subscriber role. Useful if you allow your subscribers to edit their own profiles, but don’t want them wandering around your WordPress admin section.”
- WP Offload Media by Delicious Brains: https://deliciousbrains.com/wp-offload-s3/ “Speed up your WordPress site by offloading your media and assets to Amazon S3 & CloudFront.”
- WP-Polls by Lester ‘GaMerZ’ Chan: https://lesterchan.net/portfolio/programming/php/ “Adds an AJAX
poll system to your WordPress blog. You can easily include a poll into your WordPress’s blog post/page.”
- WP Super Cache by Automattic: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-cache/ “Very fast caching plugin for WordPress”
- wpzon Plugin for WordPress by Lora: http://wpnicheground.blogspot.com/ “Add products from the Amazon Marketplace.”
- Yoast SEO by Team Yoast: https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/ “The first true all-in-one SEO solution for WordPress, including on-page content analysis, XML sitemaps and much more.”
Additionally the site contains three custom developed plugin deployed only on this site which:
- On registration for a course, automatically creates a wordpress user account on this site
- Streamline the checkout process
- Manage descriptive information of third party course providers.
In order to deliver their functionality, some plugins may be linked to third party websites, and maybe collecting data based on your usage of this website. Plugins which are known to do this include:
service can be found here: https://policies.google.com/
Sustainability Education Academy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and affiliate sites, such as, but not limited to, amazon.com.ca, amazon.com.fr, amazon.com.de, amazon.com.it, amazon,com.es and amazon.co.uk.
Use of Contact Information
In addition, we may use your contact information to market to you, and provide you with information about, our products and services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such information or communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
Who we share your data with
As outlined above, the use of Word Press plugins results in data potentially being collected through services accessed by these third party plugins.
With respect to data collected and retained on this site by the Sustainability Education Academy:
- Data on the number of students enrolled in the course “Introduction to Statistics for CMVP Candidates” may be shared with the Efficiency Valuation Organisation and its training partners. As this course is
owned by the Efficiency Valuation Organisation, should it request information on the names of those who have enrolled in this course, that data would also be shared with the Efficiency Valuation Organisation.
- Data on number of users may be shared with other organisation’s for the purpose of promoting this site, but no personably identifiable information is shared.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. When you are logged in on the top right of the page you will see a text link “Howdy, “, followed by your username. Click on that, the “Edit my profile” to edit your user details.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
This website is hosted on a secure website with HTTPS security certification. You may access details of the security certificate through your web browser.