Energy Management System Course
This course is for professionals in the technology industry with prior knowledge of and experience in management systems. If your role is as an energy manager, a facilities engineer/supervisor, or your responsibility is in energy audit or maintaining a management system such as ISO 140001:2015 and ISO 9001:2015, this course is for you.
Your company may consider implementing an energy management system, and you best be equipped with the knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of an energy management system.
What You’ll Learn
- The cost challenges of energy and its impact to the business
- Efforts undertaken by major countries to encourage companies to manage energy for greater business performance and lesser environmental impact
- How systems work and what are the basic features of a system
- The value, benefits and potential gains of an energy management system
- What the ISO 50001 is, its application, concepts and content
- Why adopting an ISO 50001 standard is the best way to implement an energy management system
- The significance of the roles of different levels of the organization
- Planning an ISO 50001 implementation and identifying requirements
- Identify relational similarities and differences to other business management systems
Fundamentals of Energy Management Systems Course Description
This Fundamentals of Energy Management Systems Course aims to help you understand and implement energy management system standards for companies to adopt. Here, you will learn how to improve energy performance, implement efficient energy use policies, and identify energy-savings opportunities for facilities. Moreover, the course will also teach you how to use data to make informed decisions and ensure continuous improvement of energy management.
CPD / CEU / PDH / CEP / CPC
Continuing Education (CE) or Continuing Professional Development (CPD) refers to additional formal learning activities that are required to maintain a professional certification or accreditation.
CE or CPD comes in many names but represents the same thing. Here are some of them that may be used in your country:
- CPD – Continuing Professional Development
- CEU – Continuing Education Units
- PDH – Professional Development Hours
- CEP – Continuing Education Programs
- CPC – Continuing Professional Competency
Many of our courses provide Continuing Professional Development credits, points, hours, or units. To learn more about Continuing Education and Continuing Professional Development, please read here.
This Course Is Perfect For:
- Business owners
- Government officials managing facilities
- Facility, building, and manufacturing plant managers
This course is ideal for anyone in the industrial sector tasked to commission an energy audit or manage the facilities energy performance. It is also ideal for anyone in the industrial sector tasked to implement the recommendations in an energy audit that entails upgrading or modifying energy management systems.
If you pass all the assessments in this course, you will be eligible to purchase a Certificate of Competence in the Fundamentals of Energy Management Systems. The assessment has been prepared by an expert energy engineer and is based on those key areas which demonstrate competence.
This course is accredited by ESTA (Energy Services and Technology Association).