Carbon Disclosure Project Course
Large wildfires, record-breaking temperatures, floods, and hurricanes have started to affect economies all over the world. Millions of human life and entire ecosystems are also being impacted every day. From a scientific perspective, this is a consequence of a changing global climate.
Our Introduction to Corporate Responsibility and Risk Management course helps you learn how to mitigate and reduce your organization’s carbon footprint.
What You’ll Learn
- Climate change and its impacts
- Approaches to carbon public policies
- Tools for evaluating climate risks
- Carbon footprint calculation
- Corporate reporting landscape
- Paris Agreements and its objectives
- Key concepts in carbon risk management
- Techniques for managing risks
- Basic concepts of carbon disclosure
Carbon Disclosure – an Introduction to Corporate Responsibility and Risk Management Course Description
This carbon disclosure training provides lectures and several case studies to help you fully understand corporate carbon risks and identify government approaches to decarbonize the economy. Practical examples and exercises are also embedded throughout the course to help you learn how to compute, evaluate, and manage risks.
CPD / CEU / PDH / CEP / CPC
Continuing Education (CE) or Continuing Professional Development (CPD) refers to additional formal learning activities that are required to maintain a professional certification or accreditation.
CE or CPD comes in many names but represents the same thing. Here are some of them that may be used in your country:
- CPD – Continuing Professional Development
- CEU – Continuing Education Units
- PDH – Professional Development Hours
- CEP – Continuing Education Programs
- CPC – Continuing Professional Competency
Many of our courses provide Continuing Professional Development credits, points, hours, or units. To learn more about Continuing Education and Continuing Professional Development, please read here.
This Course Is Perfect For:
This course is for those interested in climate change issues and those who want to learn about basic corporate carbon disclosure and carbon accounting concepts before getting down to business. Its also for those interested in better managing climate change risk. Experience is not required, and neither is background knowledge about carbon footprints.
This course is for you if any of the following apply:
- You are looking for ways to improve your professional skills
- You want to update your knowledge of carbon disclosure
- You want to understand the basic tools related to carbon disclosure
- You want to know how to compute the carbon footprint of a business
- You want to learn how to manage climate risks
If you pass all the assessments in this course, you will be eligible to purchase a Certificate of Competence in Carbon Disclosure – an Introduction to Corporate Responsibility and Risk Management. The assessment has been prepared by an expert and is based on those key areas which demonstrate competence.
This course is accredited by ESTA (Energy Services and Technology Association).